Our friends are like our sisters (or brothers) from another family. They’re the ones we talk to when we’re happy or sad or somewhere in between. And even though there are times when we fight over the silliest things, we just couldn’t imagine life without our friends, especially the best ones; things just wouldn’t be the same. Just like how Barney Stinson puts it, “whatever you do in life, it’s not legendary unless your friends are there to see it.”
So here’s 20 ways on how you can be the best friend anyone could ever ask for:
1. Listen. Sometimes friends just need a patient heart that will listen to all their rants and feelings. You don’t exactly have to say anything to them because the mere fact that you lend your ear is enough for them to feel that you care for them.
2. Make time. However busy your whole year gets, make sure to schedule a time to see and bond with your friends. Nothing beats reminiscing past memories and creating new ones.
3. Don’t judge. We sometimes tend to judge our friends for their decisions thinking and acting like we’re better than them. We’re not. Whatever decision they made that is against our beliefs, we don’t have the right to judge them for it. They make their own choices and even if those choices seemed wrong in our opinion, we have to let them learn from it.
4. Don’t tolerate. As what I’ve mentioned in number 3, we have no right to judge. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to tolerate our friends’ wrongdoings. We also have to let them know that we don’t approve of it and state the reasons we think that way.
5. Don’t criticize. Criticizing doesn’t do anyone any good, not even ourselves. If our friends act in a certain manner, let them be. Their uniqueness is one of the reasons we liked them to begin with, right?
6. Encourage. If they plan or dream for something to happen to them, support them. Tell them they can do it. Believe in their potentials and never hold them back from becoming the person they want to be.
7. Emphatize. It’s different from sympathize. Sympathizing is like feeling pity for another person’s struggles, emphatizing is being in another person’s shoes and feeling and sharing their pain. Our friends need that. They need someone to whom they can share their pain, someone who will make them feel that they’re not alone in this world.
8. Celebrate. Remember their birthdays (and don’t check Facebook!), congratulate them on their achievements, be there on the biggest moments of their lives.
9. Ask. Some friends won’t open up unless you ask them. Don’t be afraid to ask about how they feel and how they really are.
10. Be patient. It takes a lot patience to be a good friend and to create a long lasting friendship. Just think of it this way, your friends are also being patient with you, you are not always easy to deal with.
11. Reach out. If they don’t talk to you for a long time, make the first move to get in touch with them. It never hurts to try. If they turn you down on that lunch date invitation, there’s always a next time.
12. Call. A real friend calls. It doesn’t matter where you are or what time of the day it is, for as long as you call. Call your friends to check on them, ask them how they are doing, get updated with their lives, share random stories. It’s always nice to keep in touch with the most important people in your life every now and then.
With GoUnli20, it’s now easy to call without a need for a prefix and it’s just P20 for unli calls, 15mb of mobile surfing, and 20 texts to all networks! “Kaya if you need a friend, don’t call me, I’ll call you!”
13. Be true. Show that you’re truly happy for their achievements, be genuine with your feelings toward them.
14. Be there. When you hangout with them, don’t check on your Facebook or Twitter accounts, don’t use your phone. Don’t let your supposed quality time get interrupted by something less important than being with them. Be in the present.
15. Be honest. Tell them what they deserve to know. Don’t hide anything to them.
16. Forgive. True friends look past indifferences and shortcomings.
17. Invest. Friends invest effort to keep the friendship alive and for it to grow. If you don’t invest at anything, you won’t get rewarded for anything.
18. Don’t expect. Expectations only lead to disappointments. Know that your friends are just human beings like you and can commit mistakes toward you.
19. Love. Don’t be afraid to give your friends the love that they deserve (or even if you don’t think they deserve it). Don’t take them for granted. Show them that they are important to you through your actions and words (because sometimes they need to hear it, too!).
20. Inspire. Inspire your friends to be the best person they can be by setting a good example to them. Be a fitspiration, do something for the less fortunate, make right choices, make wise decisions in your life that will encourage them to do just the same.
Yes, I lost that opportunity twice but it doesn’t mean that I will not shine, it just means that a greater opportunity will come and that opportunity will bring out the best in me. I have earned those skills for the last few years and I know that I will even learn a lot of new things and develop new skills. The most important thing now is I have to be confident with the things that I will do in the coming days and PROVE to them that eventhough I let go of that “thing” it will not hinder me from becoming a better person. Each and everyone has his/her own abilities it is up to that person how he/she will showcase it. I have plans and God has better plans for my future. With this, I rest my case.
"Happiness begins with you. Not with your relationship, your friends, or your job. But with you."-Mandy Hale (via ruedamour)
This is my blog, whatever i post is just my point of view and you can agree or disagree with me respectfully. I would rather not compare a boy to a man but i have to share what i have in mind.
We always say that “boys will be boys”. Yeah, they have similarities but they also have differences depending on how they were raised. Younger guys sometimes tend to be more respectful of the ladies. Older guys sometimes act like a ranting kid and has no sense of direction.
Justin Bieber, just a boy.
Ryan Gosling, Man
Nah, dont judge me, abs not counted LOL.
I need you like a heart needs a beat, but that’s nothing new. (x)
"Everyone should smile. Life really isn’t that serious. We make it hard. The sun rises. The sun sets. We just tend to complicate the process."-Arian Foster (via ruedamour)